Sunday, September 16, 2012

Weekly Update

     Hey there! Sorry for the lack of posts recently, it has been mighty crazy here at SMC.
     I have been preparing for 3 exams that will occur later in this week--- currently FREAKING OUT. My first college exams, my does time fly. But all of my classes are going really well. And last week in my first year seminar my teacher brought his dog in and my goodness do I love dogs! She was adorable!
(Daisy the Schnoodle)
 
     I also took my first trip to the word garden. I know, you are probably thinking, "Susanna, it is literally a 2 minute walk from your room, why haven't you gone sooner?" Well, to answer that question, I am not really sure. I just haven't had enough time I guess. But, I finally went this week and I think I have found my new favorite place on campus. The word garden is a rock garden with words on the rocks. You can move them to make sentences or phrases of whatever you may be feeling at that moment. It is super cool!
 
 (words in the word garden)
 
     The construction project has really been coming along. Lately, the workers have been working a lot. And when I say a lot, I mean, A LOT. Some days they start early, at like 7 and work really late, to about 6. They were even working yesterday and I am pretty sure I can hear them outside my window right about now. But I assume it is to get the shell of the building done before it starts to snow, that way they won't be dealing with that added element.
      I have been playing rugby 5 days a week now, and I think I am finally getting the hang of it. We had our first game yesterday and the coach promised that all the new players will be getting playing time, can you say SCARY! I was soooooooo nervous, especially since the older girls said that the team we were up against was fairly good. I went in and did well (I guess). I made a few tackles (so cool) and I got tackled, but all in all it was a great experience and I cannot wait for the rest of the season!
     Hopefully this week will be a good one, I'm not expecting any less! Hopefully my exams go well and we win our first season game on Saturday! GO MIKE'S!
     I am really loving it here.
(signs in our bathroom stalls, just another reason why I love it here!)
 
     Love and laundry, because laundry is what I am planning on doing today.
Susanna
    
What am I listening to?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment