Tuesday, September 11, 2012

A Little Update

Hello friends! So today I am writing a little post (instead of doing my Spanish and statistics homework) just about this week and things that have been happening here in the 802.
 
     Sickness: Yes, it is that time of year again where people start getting sick. The weather is starting to get cooler, yesterday it was FREEZING. So cold that I almost broke out my Uggs, but I didn't. So lately on Lyons 4 North, people have been getting stuffy noses, headaches, some stomach things and sore throats. At home, I never really got sick. Yes, I got the occasional stuffy nose or sore throat, but I was never super super sick (besides when I acquired the Swine Flu). But in college you can almost bet that if one person gets sick on your floor, you are all done for. It started with one girl, and then it just spread. We are all living in pajamas, drinking gallons of hot tea and eating Vitamin C gummies like its the only food left on planet earth.
 
     Cooler Temperatures: HOLLUH! Finally we aren't melting to death in our rooms. It is safe to say that it is a very comfortable temperature. Just the right temperature for jeans and a light jacket. And scarves. I LOVE SCARVES. Plus, all the leaves are starting to change color and it is just so pretty. (Oh, and Salted Caramel Mocha is back at Starbucks... SO EXCITED!!!)
(It says it was 61 degrees, but I am right sure it was much colder than that yesterday)
 
     The Weekend: Last Saturday was the highlighter dance, and Lyons 4 north went hard. In the morning, a group of 5 of us ventured out to Walmart. You may think, oh going to Walmart is not that bad. Let me tell you, it took us A FULL HOUR to get there, when, by car, it would probably take just under 15 minutes. But we got white shirts, neon hair dye, some highlighters, and bandannas and then made our way back to SMC. When we got back we began the process of cutting the shirts. I have to say that I made probably about 8 shirts. Needless to say that afterwards my fingers were all red from sewing. The dance was so much fun. There were glow-sticks and highlighter all over me when I left. I had a blast. Sunday was a much calmer day. I got picked up around 11 by my aunt to go spend a little bit of time with my family. It was nice to see them because I do not get to see them very often. Although my cousin Finch wasn't there and that was very disappointing. I was really looking forward to seeing her smiling face. But they are coming to my Rugby game on Saturday which I am really excited about!
(some of my lovely floor mates also double as some of my best friends on campus)
 
More Pictures (well, it is only 2 more....)
(the best "pick-me-up" in the entire world.)
(my favorite study spot.)
 
 What am I listening to?
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment