Saturday, September 1, 2012

The Simple Things

Hi all! I hope everything has been awesome where ever you may be! This is just a quick little blog before I begin the mountain of work that I need to get done. Can you say procrastination? Anyway, it has been a little over a week since I arrived here at SMC and let me tell you, I am loving it. I mean, really loving it. There is just something about the atmosphere here that is just so amazing.
     But I guess in this blog I just wanted to share a few amazing things that I witnessed this week that really emphasize why I adore this place so much.
This beautiful building is Jean-Marie. I highly recommend taking a walk around the outside of the campus whenever you may get here. I wish I did it sooner. You see the buildings when you are in the middle of the campus walking from class to class and you think "oh, those are pretty". But let me tell you, they are way prettier from the back. Like, just look at that building! Oh my goodness, it is just so glorious.
Look at this man on this weird bike? Doesn't this just make you so happy? I know it makes Me happy. This is just one of the little things that makes the great town of Burlington so great. I went on my first real trip to Burlington this past evening and it was so great. There are just a ton of people and everything is just so upbeat and fun. There are a ton of cute shops and some great food! I even got a ring that has a little frog on it that I am obsessed with. (Just a little side note- I am obsessed with the word obsessed). But Burlington and Church Street just make me so happy and it is just those few hours spent walking down the brick street that can really change your attitude on the day.
Out of the week and two days that I have spent here, this is something that I will never forget. Right in front of Founder's Hall is a little "scenic overlook" as you may call it. After getting off the bus from Burlington, the girls and I decided to go look at the mountains. As we got there, the full moon began to rise right over the mountains. It was one of the most magical things I have ever experienced. My friends and I just sat there in awe the whole time. Words cannot even do the experience justice. Moon watching is something I will be doing a lot more at my time here at SMC. It really just disconnects you from everything and kind of snaps you back into reality. It truly was magical.
(Sorry this blog was kinda long!)
 
What I am listening to:

No comments:

Post a Comment