Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Food Food Food

     Two posts in 1 week and with a short amount of time between the two?! What is happening to the world?! Yes! I am posting yet again! So I have been getting a lot of questions (mainly from my family) about the food here at SMC. So I figured I would write this post to answer all of them.
     On campus, we have one main dining hall called The Green Mountain Dining Hall (inside Alliot, most people just call it Alliot). This dining hall serves 3 meals a day and is open pretty much all day. As a freshman at SMC, you get an unlimited meal plan. That basically gives you as many swipes a day into the dining hall as you would like. So if you want a cup of coffee before class, you can run over to Alliot quick, swipe in, fill up your cup and then walk out. It is pretty great.
Monday - Friday
Breakfast..............................7:15 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
Continental.........................10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
Lunch...................................11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
"Lite" Lunch............................2:00 p.m. – 4:45 p.m.
Dinner.....................................4:45 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday
Continental..............................8:00 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
Brunch.................................11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Dinner.....................................4:45 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
     Now for the food. I am not a picky eater. There are somethings I do not like, but for the most part, I will eat anything. Now, I will say that no matter where I eat, nothing will be better than a home cooked meal by my mom and dad (hi mom and dad!). But for the most part the meals here are good.
     At breakfast they always have bagels, fruit, some kind of hot breakfast, oatmeal, cereal, an egg station, pastries and yogurts. At the egg station, you can order any omelet or type of eggs you want. I have to admit, I have yet to experience the egg station because there is always a massive line there whenever I decide that I want eggs. I normally end up with a bagel or cereal (lucky charms :). There is also coffee/tea/hot coco and juice all day.
     At lunch, they take away the bagels, pastries, hot breakfast and the egg station. They replace those with a salad bar, sandwich bar, grill, hot lunch option, soup, pasta, pizza and a stir-fry station. I will say that all of these are great! They normally have a ton of options. Some people tend to get sick of it all, but when you go here you just have to learn how to mix and match. Say you want stir fry but they don't have a bunch of vegetables that you want. Well grab some corn, peppers and tomatoes from the salad bar and give them to the chef and BAM, insta amazing meal. It is just so easy to find something that you want to eat.
    Dinner is basically the same as lunch except they tend to have different foods. It is just all good. Also here, they have a ton of vegan and vegetarian options and they will accommodate to any requests.
     During lunch and dinner hours, they also have a dessert bar which is both heavenly and cruel at the same time. This is where self control really comes in handy. All the desserts are awesome! Plus they have a soft serve machine and hard ice cream available all the time!
     Some of my favorites are:
Breakfast- toasted bagel with cream cheese and cinnamon sugar. But if they have veggie cream cheese, I am all over that! It is great! Also, the homefries are really good.
Lunch- Taco salad is great! Highly recommend. I also really enjoy the stir fry because I LOVEEE anything salty and just yummy. Oh, and smiley fries. Yes, we are a college and we still have smiley fries, what is better than that?!
 
Dinner- Lately I have been going for the pasta station after rugby practice. I normally get a small bowl with whatever sauce they have. I find my self going to this station because the line moves quickly, therefore I can eat faster.
Dessert: Cheesecake. That will be all.
To Drink: I am a coffee drinker, so I enjoy coffee. But the hot coco is good as well as all the soft drinks. I recommend the Strawberry Kiwi drink (I think it is strawberry kiwi, but I could be wrong) What ever it is, it is a lime green drink, kinda weird, I know. But it tastes really good.
Stay away from: 3 cheese anything. Just don't do it. I think that is all that I wouldn't recommend. Everything is pretty good!
 
Thank ya for reading!
Love and food,
Susanna
 
What am I listening to?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment