1. Take a deep breath. It will all be ok. Chances are, your professors understand that it is the first day of classes and are a little more lenient on the first day. All the teachers here at SMC are fantastic and there is nothing to worry about. They are all so nice and want to get to know you as much as possible.
2. Expect work the first week. This is college by the way. There is work. No one said it was going to be a walk in the park.
3. Chances are you will probably see some familiar face in your class, if not more than one. But if you don't, use it as an amazing opportunity to make a few new friends! YAY for new friends!
4. Use today/ tonight to get your schedule out of your mailbox in the mail room. Go around to your classrooms just to be sure as to where they are. I did this last year and I believe it saved my life multiple times. It was so much easier to find the path that I would walk to classes by knowing beforehand where the classes were. Like I said earlier, professors know that it is the first day of classes and that you may be a little lost. So if you are a little late, don't stress, just don't make a habit of it!
5. Eat a good breakfast! Don't skip breakfast. You need energy to get you through the day and you don't want your stomach to be rumbling in the middle of class. That really takes your attention away from the professor and puts it all on how hungry you are.
6. Speak up! Professors want to get to know you. Also, some professors have participation grades, whether they mention it or not. Speaking up and volunteering in class can be the difference between a B+ and an A- in the long run. It is super important!
Those are some of my tips! I hope it helped calm you down a little bit. Just chill out, relax and don't stress. Everything will be fantastic!
Love and First day of classes eve,
Questions? Comments? Just wanna say hey?
Tweet tweet @shigosusanna
or leave a comment down below!
What am I listening to?