Friday, January 2, 2015

Terrified.

     I cannot believe that this time on Monday I will be sitting in the airport waiting to board a flight that will take me on one crazy adventure. It seems like just yesterday when I had officially gotten accepted. I sit in my room now, suitcases all over my floor, itinerary printed out and nervous/excited thoughts rushing through my mind.
     Basically, I'm terrified. I've never been out of the country before. I have never flown on an airplane without my parents before. I have never been this far away from my home for this long of a time. I have never really felt completely lost (what I am expecting I will feel like when I get to London). Its terrifying. But I am so excited. There is a quote out in the world somewhere that says "if your dreams don't scare you, they aren't big enough." Through this whole experience I have been keeping that little quote in the back of my head. Traveling to Europe has been a dream of mine for so long and I am finally getting the chance to actually do that.
     I have dreamed of seeing London for as long as I can remember and it almost seems unreal that I will be getting the chance to not only see it, but live it for 110 days.
     Sure, packing for this duration of time is freaking me out. Traveling by myself is scaring the daylights out of me. Meeting new people is always incredibly awkward. But then there are things that I know are going to be amazing. I am going to meet new people. See some friends that I haven't seen in a while (and I am incredibly excited to see them). I'm going to get to travel to different countries. I'm going to see amazing sights. And I am going to have an amazing time.
     Next time I write I will be in London!

Love,
Susanna

Questions? Comments? Just wanna say hey?
Email me HERE
Tweet tweet @shigosusanna
Instagram @shigosusanna
or leave a comment down below!

What am I listening to?

No comments:

Post a Comment