Sunday, January 11, 2015

A Week!

Ok, so maybe it hasn't been a full week yet, but like, you get the picture. It is crazy for me to think that this is actually a long trip and that I am not packing up in a week and heading back home to SMC. It took me so long to actually feel like this was for real. I finally put up pictures today, which made it all set in pretty fast. But I couldn't be happier with my new home. London is amazing. Absolutely stinkin' amazing. I love so much about this place that I don't think I will be ready to leave when the time comes. Here are some of my favorite things thus far!

ONE// So much character. I live in the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea which is just full of beauty. Around every corner you can see cobblestone streets, neighborhood pubs, little kids walking home from school and beautiful buildings. While London is a MASSIVE city, each borough has its own charm and character. While it may seem impossible to understand every nook and cranny, it is nice to just wander and explore. That is what I have been doing a lot of recently and I am constantly amazed with this place. Not to mention I am currently living in the borough where royals come to stay and David Beckham is basically my neighbor (*swoon*).
If you don't think this is beautiful then I don't think we can be friends..... just kidding....but seriously. 
 TWO// the Parks. I currently live 5 minutes from Hyde Park which is STUNNING. I refer to it as my backyard sometimes because that is basically what it is. It is the perfect place to go for dog walking, reading on a bench or jogging. It is nice to live in such a metropolitan area but still have the luxury of greenery. It brings me back to the comfort of Burlington where everything is green as far as the eye can see. There are so many parks in London and I am really excited to get a chance to explore them in the next couple of months.

COME ON. Look at this swan. ITS BEAUTIFUL.

THREE// The accents. Ugh I am such a sucker for a British accent. I think they are magnificent. It is amazing to be able to hear them on a 24/7 basis. I just love it. They could honestly be reading their grocery list and I would be completely captivated. I joke all the time with my mom that I am going to come home with a British accent. To be completely honest, I don't think I would mind too much!

FOUR// The People. I love the people here. Period. When I give tours I always say that the thing that I love most about SMC is that the people are actually the best people in the entire world. Well, I can say that the people here come in at a very close second (no place will ever top SMC). But seriously. Everyone is so warm and welcoming and just wants you to be as happy as possible. Everyone is so eager to help you out if need be.
People are funny here. (seen outside a hair salon on High Street Kensington)


FIVE// The fact that I am here for a whole semester. I think my favorite thing is the fact that I get to stay here for a while longer. While I miss the states, my family, SMC, rugby, my puppy and target more than I can express, I love it here. I am excited to get a chance to explore new places, meet up with people I haven't seen in a while and to just get a chance to live in this amazing city.
Catching up with friends makes my heart happy! 
Love,
Susanna

Questions? Comments? Just wanna say hey?
Email me! HERE
Tweet tweet @shigosusanna
Instagram @shigosusanna
or leave a comment down below!

What am I listening to?

No comments:

Post a Comment