Monday, January 28, 2013

Things You Learn in College...

     Hello all! How is your Monday? Mine is well.....I guess the only word to describe it would be merp. Good news for you, I have just as much knowledge of the word merp as you do, so we are kind of in the same boat here. After looking over the SMC Class of 2017 page, I saw a post that was kind of cool. That post was "What are you looking forward to the most in the fall?" I know when I was in their positions, I was looking forward to meeting new people and moving in. You see in movies and TV shows how college is, but is that really what happens? So, in this post I plan to tell you what you will learn about college. I also have to point out that sort of the general construction of this post was based off of a post that my cousin Shay has on her blog. While her blog was about moving, it really made me think about how it applied to me as a college student. If you would like to look at her blog, you can find it HERE.

     Things you learn in college:
-you will be broke: I mean, come on. This one was a given.

-you crave Ramen at really odd hours: its true. I swear.

-you will learn that you have to work out to burn off all those calories you just consumed in that one bowl of Ramen: trust me, it is a small campus. just walking to your classes doesn't cut it as "working out".

-you will meet some amazing people: I LOVE all of the people I have met so far and I am so happy to have them in my life.

-you will get homesick from time to time: people lie, they say that they will never miss home or never come back or only call their parents once a week. I know people lie because I was one of them. But I have found that cutting off all ties from your family and friends back home is hard. I talk to my parents almost every day.

-you will, sometimes, be up until 4 in the morning studying for your 8 am class: I can honestly say that this has never happened to me, but I am sure it will eventually.

-you will learn to make things simple: I am not really sure how to explain this. I guess I can say that you will learn to organize your time more?

-you will learn to cherish every opportunity that is thrown your way: self explainable.

-you will have massive dance parties in your room when you don't feel like doing homework: admit it, we all have done it or will do it.

-you will fall asleep after that dance party, further putting off your homework: that's a given.

-you will make mistakes: we all do. we are only human.

-you will NEVER forget college: that's for dang sure.

That is what I have gathered for the most part. There may be a sequel to this post, who knows. I guess for now I just plan on going with the flow.
Love and memories,
Susanna

Questions? Comments? Just wanna say hey?
Email me!
Tweet Tweet @SusannaMarie7

What am I listening to?

No comments:

Post a Comment