Monday, January 21, 2013

Oh What a Lovely Place it is.

     Hello Internet world. How are you on this lovely Monday morning? Monday for me is one of my easier days class- wise. On Mondays and Wednesdays I only have Philosophy from 8 AM until 9:35, then I am done for the day. A perk of this is that I don't have any classes on Fridays. Yippie for 3 day weekends every week! Anyway, you are probably thinking what the heck do I do with all my time on Friday? Well, if I don't feel like getting ahead on work that is due for the next week, I normally end up venturing down to good old Church Street. I believe that I have written about adventures on Church Street before (you can read that blog post HERE) but I guess this one is more of an updated/ more informational post about the lovely place. This one is aimed to give you info about my favorite places and some hidden gems that I have recently discovered.

Food Picks, because, come on, who doesn't like food?! (these are in no particular order)

Sweetwaters- the first time I went to Sweetwaters was during the beginning of fall break. I went with my family, mom, dad, brother, cousin, aunt and my uncle. The food was great and it was fairly reasonably priced. I eventually ended up going back about a month or two later with a couple of friends and we had a great time. You can see the menu HERE.

My Little Cupcake- I cannot even begin to describe my love for this place. I find that when ever my friends and I end up going downtown for a "break", as we like to call it, we always end up going to My Little Cupcake. They have amazing homemade cupcakes that are tiny, but one will fill you right up! They have amazing flavors like maple bacon, blueberry cream cheese, red velvet, salted caramel and much more! They also have normal sized cupcakes, cake pops, vegan cupcakes and gluten free cupcakes. What ever you feel like having, you can probably find it there! You can look at the website HERE.  

Three Tomatoes- Personally, I have never been to this restaurant, but a good friend of mine, Colleen, adores it. After exploring their website for a bit, I came to the conclusion that it seems pretty stinking awesome. All the ingredients that they use are all natural and they support local farmers by buying their products. Colleen said "I went there, I wasn't even hungry, but I just kept eating because it was so good." Sounds like a pretty good place to me if you can't stop eating the food! Colleen also recommends the pizza. The menu can be found HERE.

The Skinny Pancake- Like Three Tomatoes, I have never actually had the opportunity to eat their food, but I promise, by the end of the semester I will have eaten their at least once! But trust me, by the smells that come out of their cart on Church Street, it just makes me want to eat their so bad. The restaurant is located near the waterfront, just a short walk from Church Street, and I hear that everything is good, so it is well worth the walk. Website for them is HERE

Stores, because shopping is just so darn fun!

Earthbound Trading Company- Earthbound is probably one of the coolest stores on Church Street. When you walk into the store there are so may bright colors and cool things that you can't help but look around! On the website they say that they provide an eclectic assortment of products at great prices. It is a great place to find gifts for people!

Thrift Shops- what what, what, what.... don't get my reference? That's fine. Whatever. Anyway, all of the thrift shops in Burlington are super cool. There is Second Time Around and Downtown Threads located on Church street which are always favorites of my friends. The prices there are super reasonable and the stuff is really nice!

Burton- I know, it is not located on Church Street, but it is only a little ways away. It is probably one of the coolest stores ever and I highly recommend that anyone, whether you ski or snowboard, check it out!

Attractions, sort of.

Waterfront- This place is amazing. There is a lovely bike path and tons of benches that you can sit on an look out over the lake. I also highly recommend going down their to watch the sunsets. (Guys out there reading this, I just gave you a MASSIVE tip on where to take your girl on Valentine's Day, don't screw it up!)

Camel's Hump State Park- I have never been there, but it is on my bucket list for spring. Hiking it takes about a total of 3 hours and I hear that the views from the top are amazing. I definitely want to check it out!

Here are some cool videos about Burlington and Winooski. Shout out to Gabbi who stars in the first one!

Love and fun places,
Susanna

Questions? Comments? Just wanna say hey?
Email Me!
Tweet Tweet! @SusannaMarie7



    

No comments:

Post a Comment