Monday, February 2, 2015

Almost a Month

     Wow its been a while since I have written last. Apologies! But OMG ITS ALMOST BEEN A MONTH CANT YOU BELIEVE IT?! Yeah, no, I can't believe it either. It seems like just yesterday I was at home for the last time, running around frantically to pack all of my last minute items into my suitcases. Where the heck has the time gone?!
     In the past couple of weeks so much has happened that I do not even know where to begin! Because I am completely all over the place currently, I will just share some of my favorite moments through pictures because, well, everyone loves pictures!


This car is from the Science Museum. We went on a Friday (?) I believe and it was pretty awesome. There are a bunch of different exhibits to explore. I think my favorite part of the museum was the part where you could touch everything. You could make a bubble wall, look through magnifying glasses and even set off your own rocket. The great things about the museums are that they are all free (!!!) and they are only a short 15 minute walk from where I live! 

Harrods!
Another day by friends and I decided to go and explore Harrods. Oh my goodness, it is basically heaven if heaven was in the form of a magical department store. Many of the things are super expensive (like a $4000 pair of pants) but they also have many food shops along with a gift shop that are more reasonably priced. Plus, if you go when it starts to get dark out, you can see it all lit up!
Princess Diana Memorial Fountain 
some new friends!
I probably have said it far too many times but I absolutely adore Hyde Park. I think it is on my list of favorite things about London. I go there way too often and every time I go I am still amazed. There is always something to see whether its a landmark you may have missed before, people playing with their adorable puppies or meeting new friends like the ducks in the above picture! I cannot wait for it to get a little warmer outside so that I can explore the park even more!
Colorful houses on Portobello Road. 
Antiques galore!
OLIVES! These reminded me of my Uncle Tad. He LOVES olives!
Another thing that I also love about London are the markets. There are tons of markets all over and each one is different. Last weekend my friends and I ventured to the Portobello Market which is only about one tube stop away. We were not really sure what to expect, but we had a great time. Lining this street are all different vendors, selling everything from fresh produce, to olives, to fish to antiques. It was really cool to see all kinds of different products bringing in all different people to this market. Its one of the places that I will definitely be returning too! 

Friends
Finally, I am super happy that I have found some amazing friends here in London. Although at times we all may be a little odd, they have surely helped me through this experience and it would not be the same without them! 

Well, that's all for now! I will definitely post next week because this weekend I am venturing to Edinburgh for the weekend! I will be sure to take tons of pictures and fill you in on my travels when I get back to London!

Love,
Susanna

Questions? Comments? Just wanna say hey?
Email me HERE
Tweet tweet @shigosusanna
Instagram @shigosusanna
or leave a comment down below!

What am I listening to?








No comments:

Post a Comment