As a student at Saint Mike's there are things that are just the truth. They are things that no one has to tell you is true, you just know it. So for all you students that may be interested in SMC, here are somethings that you are just going to have to accept!
1. You must hold the door open for anyone within a 10 foot radius. Everyone holds the door for everyone. No questions asked. Just do it. It shows how much we actually love each other if we hold doors for strangers.
2. You must go to weekend brunch. Basically the best meal of the entire week. The only excuse is if you are home or have a sporting event to play in. That is it. This also goes for Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner.
|Brunch, Thanksgiving Dinner and Christmas Dinner are by far the best meals in Alliot.|
3. The library or chapel are good points of reference. If someone ever asks you where something is and you can clearly tell that they have no clue where the heck they are going, use either the chapel or library as a guide. They are both main focal points on campus and pretty distinguishable from other buildings, thus making them great points of reference for lost visitors.
|When people are totally freaked out that they are lost on campus, simply direct them to where they need to go using the Chapel or Library as a point of reference.|
4. The best picture of the mountains is at the view. Hands down the best place for your typical Vermont mountain picture. Also a great spot for photo shoots with your friends.
|you betta weeerrrkkk|
5. Whenever you need to write the word "night" you will constantly find yourself writing Knight. I promise you, this happens all the time whether you admit it or not.
|The feeling you get when you realize that you have handed in a massive paper and you used the wrong form of night. BRB while I sob for all of eternity.|
|this truth dates waaayyy past the 90's.|
7. When an event offers free food, that means it is either Leonardo's, Wings Over or Alliot. Take your chances and plan accordingly.
|But it is free food so, I mean, come on. You can't let it go to waste, now can you?|
|My face when someone pronounces Alliot, AL-EE-OT (I'm looking at you dad.)|
|PEACE, LOVE, CHICKEN PATTIES <3|
10. Squirrels are not afraid of you. But seriously. They will stand in the walkway until the moment when you are basically standing on top of them. They will also eat food right out of your hand if you offer it generously.
|When you are in your favorite place, finals and midterms can look a little something like this. Be sure to claim your spot early.|
|"Well hello Rosemary. You are looking beautiful today. Did you do something to your hair?"|
Questions? Comments? Just wanna say hey?
Email Me HERE
Tweet tweet @shigosusanna
or leave a comment down below!
What am I listening to?