Friday, May 3, 2013

Last Full Week


     So this is really sad. My time as a freshman here at SMC is coming to a close way faster than I ever would have expected. I know I say it a lot, but it seems like just yesterday I was moving in to my room in Lyons. Now, I am planning on moving out. It has all just gone by so fast. This past week has just been a jumble of finishing classes, studying and going on adventures. My friends and I have recently been on an adventure kick. They are just such great ways to get away from the stresses of the upcoming finals and the fact that in a week we have to say goodbye to each other. Adventures give us time to hang out with each other without having to worry about classes. My roommate Mar is headed back to the Netherlands next week and is not coming back next year. Earlier in the semester, she made a bucket list of things she wanted to do while she was here, so we have been gradually crossing off the last do-able things on the list.

     The weather lately has been amazing. Sunny, warm, not a cloud in the sky type of days. Most of our adventures have taken place outside lately because, I mean, come on, who would want to be stuck inside on amazingly beautiful days?! One adventure we took earlier in the week was over to the view and then down to the train tracks. Lida, Mar, Candice, Keri and I all ventured down there and Lida took some amazing pictures. Here are some below!
(l to r:Candice, Me, Mar and Lida)

(l to r: Candice, Me, Mar and Keri)

one of my personal favorites!

such a good picture!

(l to r: Lida, Mar and Candice sitting at the view. Camel's Hump in the background)

Typical Suze face and Keri's imitation of it!

     One thing on Mar's bucket list was to eat a Vermonster from Ben & Jerry's. For those of you that don't know, a Vermonster consists of 20 scoops of ice cream, 4 bananas, 4 ladles of hot fudge, 3 chocolate chip cookies, 1 brownie, 10 scoops of walnuts, 2 scoops of 4 toppings of your choice, and whipped cream. Lida, Mar, Candice and I were planning on eating it, but then had second thoughts. Instead, we opted for a half Vermonster. It was much cheaper and saved us from being severely sick. After that, we ventured down to the waterfront because it was a beautiful 77 degree day. The sun was shining, people were playing football on the green and the water was lapping up on the sandy shore. As we were walking back to the bus, we remembered another thing on Mar's bucket list: eat a maple creemee. After that half Vermonster, just the thought of more ice cream made us all want to vomit, but she had to get one! So we stopped at a little stand near the water front and Mar got her first taste of a maple creemee. We then headed back to a fun night of studying like mad women for finals! 
about to dig in!

the aftermath! 

the beautiful bushes near the lake!
(l to r: Keri, Lida, Me, Mar, Colleen and Candice)



Love and ice cream overload,
Susanna

Questions? Comments? Just wanna say hey?
Email me!
Tweet tweet @shigosusanna
Leave a comment down below!

What am I listening to?

***Thank you bunches to my friend, Lida, for letting me use some of her amazing pictures on this post! 

No comments:

Post a Comment