Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Florida Adventure!

   Hey all! Sorry I haven't written in like eternity! But ain't no stressin'! I'm back now! So as you hopefully know, it has been summer break for me for about 2ish weeks! YAY FOR SUMMER! I start work on June 15th (and I am super exited about it! #summercampswag). But for the past couple of weeks I have been having a little bit of fun. Last week I was in Orlando, Florida and it was totally lovely! My family and I haven't been for Florida since my brother and I were around the age of 7, so it was super exciting for us! We stayed at a lovely resort called Silver Lake Resort. It was beautiful and our 2 bedroom condo was enormous! There were 4 pools on the property plus a hot tub, tennis courts and a massive game room. Plus all week it was 87 and sunny! Now that is the summer weather I was hoping for! 
 
One of the lovely pools at the resort!


View from the plane!

   On Monday we went to Island Of Adventure which is part of Universal. My brother is a huge fan of Harry Potter so of course we had to go to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. It was fantastic! Hogsmeade looked exactly like the movies! We went on all the rides and went in all the little shops. My favorite ride probably had to be the Dragon Challenge roller coaster, but I preferred the red side to the blue. The butterbeer was also delicious. Nick, my brother, got the carbonated soda-like one and I got the frozen one. Personally, I liked the frozen one better! Nick also got Pumpkin Juice which tasted like apple cider, it was pretty yummy! After about an hour or two in Harry Potter World, it started to get pretty crowded, so we ventured out to the rest of the park. I was stunned at all of the architecture within the park. Each section looks completely different which was amazing to me! 
Hogwarts!

ButterBeer!

Just hanging with my friends!

Pumpkin Juice!

The cutest train conductor ever!
    On Tuesday we went to Universal Studios. It was a little less crowded but still as cool. The first ride we went on was the RockIt roller coaster and holy crap. I will insert a picture down below so you can see what I mean but the initial climb was a solid 90 degrees. I was screaming before the roller coaster even went down the hill! Universal was really awesome though. It was split up into different cities, so there was a New York City section, San Francisco and so on. Each place looked so real! We saw a lot of fun shows there too, like an Animal Actors show and a Horror Makeup Show. 
Universal!

This show was hilarious and pretty interesting!

Just me chillin' at my New York City apartment. 

This is the RockIt. Just look at it. Insane right?
   Wednesday my brother and dad went to Cape Canaveral to see the space station while mom and I stayed at the resort and hung out by the pool. It was a beautiful day of relaxation with my mom and my brother and dad loved the space station.

   Thursday we decided to go back to Island of Adventure. We didn't stay as long as we did on Monday because there were many more people. We rode all of the rides that we really wanted to ride then headed back to the resort around 1:30 and hung out by the pool for the rest of the day!

    Friday was our last full day in Florida, sad, I know. We just relaxed by the pool all day because the weather was gorgeous. Later in the night we went out to eat at Bonefish Grill (if I can remember correctly) and the food was delicious! After that we had to participate in a typical Shigo family vacation game of mini golf. We found this pirate mini golf place and played. I lost. Badly. But it was a beautiful night and the sunset was magnificent. 
The beautiful sunset. It is almost as pretty as the ones at SMC!

    Saturday we were up bright and early to catch our flight to Hartford. We got stuck on the plane with all the screaming little kids, but it wasn't that bad. Now we are all home and settling back into some sort of routine. I am trying to see all my friends from high school before I leave for the summer to work at summer camp. 
   Overall, my start to summer has been amazing! Also, I have been getting a lot of questions from the Class of 2017 on Facebook. If you are reading this and have any questions that you would like me to address in a blog, tell me! If you have a question about something, chances are another person has the same question! So don't hesitate, I love hearing from you all!!

Love and summuhhh time!
Susanna

Question? Comments? Just wanna say hey?
Email Me!
Tweet tweet @shigosusanna
Or leave a comment down below!

What am I listening to?
(this song below has been one of my favorite summer songs!)


No comments:

Post a Comment