Sunday, March 3, 2013

Study Break!

Hey all! I feel like I say this every time, but I AM SO SORRY IT HAS BEEN SO LONG! It has honestly been nuts here! This past week has been crazy, so I am going to take a break from studying and fill you in on what has been happening here at the lovely SMC.

     Last week started off amazing. You are probably like "Susanna, it was a Monday. Mondays always stink." Most of the time I would agree with you, but not last Monday. I woke up early for my 8am. Went to class. It was a great class. I am actually really starting to like Philosophy. I find it really interesting. Then I went to breakfast and when I was done came back to my room to just relax before I went and ate lunch with accepted students. And then.... IT happened. I was, ya know, just minding my own business, nothing special, when all of a sudden I get a text message. At first I thought it was my Aunt Patrice sending me a picture, so I was really confused. Then, looking closer into it, I found it was a text from my Aunt Paige, who was at the Burton US Open in Vail, CO. I look at the picture and SCREAM and then start crying. It was Mr. Mark McMorris himself holding up a sign. WITH MY NAME ON IT. Now, for a little back story. I have been following Mark McMorris' snowboarding career since he was about 14. So that was a MASSIVE deal for me. I was so excited and my day just kept getting better and better after that. I ate lunch with 3 accepted students and then got offered a job for the summer! Monday was an awesome day.

yeah, that happened. and I honestly died. One of the best, if not THE best, early birthday present I could ever ask for.


     Tuesday was not as eventful as Monday. I had 6:15 am practice, then 3 classes. Then when I got back to my dorm at 3, I passed out asleep.

     Wednesday was sort of the same as Tuesday. 6:15 am practice, breakfast, then Philosophy class. Nothing really exciting.

    Thursday, the same as Tuesday except practice is at 8:45 pm.

     Friday was awesome! I normally have no classes on Friday so this week wasn't any different. I spent most of the day doing Financial Accounting homework. Then at 7, my dad came up to visit! He was picking up my twin brother at UVM for his Spring break. So he picked us both up and we went out to dinner with my Uncle Ted and my Aunt Cindy. It is always fun to hang out with them because my Uncle Ted always has tons of fun stories about SMC because he is an alumni and my Aunt Cindy always laughs hysterically at them, which is quite a sight to see.

     Yesterday (Saturday) was a busy day. I woke up, went to brunch, then headed downtown with the rugby girls to work security at the Mardi Gras Parade. It was a fun time preventing young children from running into the street to get candy and beads. There were a ton of fun characters out on Church Street and we got a free shirt, beads, chocolate and cheese! The parade is amazing and I highly recommend it to anyone! It it sponsored through Magic Hat Brewery and Hope Works. Here are some links!
Magic Hat Mardi Gras website: HERE
Hope Works: HERE




     That brings me to today. Nothing fun has happened yet, I am not really expecting anything fun to happen. I have been doing a ton of homework and studying for midterms that are coming up this week. Its crazy to think that midterms for second semester are coming up because that means that my first year at SMC is almost over. It is scary to think how fast time flies. Also construction has been moving along quite fast. Be sure to look at how far they have come by watching the live webcam! As for this week, I don't really have that many plans. Tomorrow is my birthday (as well as another fellow blogger Emily!) and it is going to be a really busy day. I have class at 8, then my interview to be a tour guide at 10:30, then eating lunch with accepted students, then tutoring at 3:30 then maybe going out to get a little birthday dinner with some friends! But who knows!

Love and birthdays,
Susanna

Questions? Comments? Just wanna say hey?
Email me!
Tweet Tweet @shigosusanna

What am I listening to?



No comments:

Post a Comment