Thursday, November 1, 2012

Club Clip: Rugby!

Hello! I know, I know, it has been about a week or so since I have blogged. It literally feels like an eternity to me and it probably feels like double that to you. So in my last blog I mentioned how I wanted to do little (or big, whatever) blogs once in a while about clubs and organizations on campus. So today, I am going to start off with one that I am really passionate about and that I am actively a member of. That my friends is RUGBY! Yeah, I know, you are probably thinking, "Susanna, what the heck are you thinking?! Isn't that dangerous?" Yeah, it can be, but I promise, it is so worth it in the end.
     On campus we have a women's and a men's rugby team. I am one of the many members of the women's team. I absolutely love it. In high school, I played many sports, including soccer, swimming and tennis. I needed something to occupy me while I had downtime in college. A few other girls on my floor wanted to play rugby, I was hesitant, but I thought, hmmmmmm why not?! So I joined and I have to say it is one of the best decisions that I have ever made. The team is amazing, both personality wise and skill wise. Everyone is so nice and welcoming and it really feels like it has become my second family. Everyone watches out for each other and we all genuinely care about each other. We are a large team (39 girls strong, I think?), but we always have a ton of fun together. We have practice during the week and have a games every Saturday. We are in a Division 2 bracket in Rugby Northeast. We play teams like Bryant, Providence, Stone Hill and Holy Cross. We do a lot of team bonding like team dinner and going to a Hunted House (I was so freaking scared that I pretty much cried.) But what is really nice to know is that there is a massive support system of 38 girls behind me at all times that want to see my succeed. I am so grateful for everything this team has given me. It has not only given me something to occupy my time or learn a new skill, but it has given me many new friends that I am happy to have in my life.
     If you choose to attend SMC (which you will) I highly recommend either joining the rugby team or just coming out to support these awesome people!
 Never seen rugby before? Well here are some pictures!
(love theses girls!)

(l to r: Kelsey, Emily, Me, Emily, Lauren, Monica)

(our awesome team during our first preseason game vs Sienna)
(scrum downs!)
(awesome line-out buy the A side during the Bryant game)
(Candice, Kiki and I just sliding in some mud.)
(Candice and I love mud!)
(half of us ruggers getting ready to go through Nightmare Vermont!)

(Me, Abby, Kallie, Candice and Emily before going to the haunted house. Don't let these faces fool you, we were all really scared!)
 
 
Have I convinced you yet to play rugby? Yes? Awesome, that was my goal!
Love and rugby,
Susanna
 
Questions? Comments? Just Wanna Say Hi?
Tweet Me! @SusannaMarie7
Email Me!
 
What am I listening to?
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment