Sunday, November 8, 2015

The Best Feeling in the World

the trophy is back where it belongs.
     Wow. I guess that is all I can really say about this weekend. For those of you that don't know or are new to my blog, I play rugby and I love every second of it. SMC's women's rugby has a great reputation of bringing women together who have never played rugby before to compete at a high level. This season is one for the record books. We ended our regular season undefeated after winning our conference championship yesterday against Stonehill. To say that I am incredibly proud would be an understatement. Unfortunately, with a completely messed up knee, I couldn't compete in my last conference championship game as a member of the team, which is a personal battle all in itself. But watching my teammates play was something that I will never forget.
    Going into this game, we knew what we wanted to accomplish. We knew that we wanted to walk away victorious and that is what we did. Although some parts may have been a little slow or chaotic, we picked it up and everything worked out.
    I'm so proud to be a part of this team- to be a part of something great. Our entire team, both A side and B side, deserve this win. Without B-side, A-side would not be as good as it is today and without A-side we wouldn't have amazing role models for our newest players.
   I am so proud to be a part of this team. This team is something great. This team is family.
Next weekend we take on Smith College at SMC at 1pm in the first round of Nationals.
some pretty amazing people
Want to see some amazing photos of the game? Click the link HERE!

Love,
Susanna

Questions? Comments? Just wanna say hey?
Email me HERE
Tweet tweet @shigosusanna
Instagram @shigosusanna
or leave a comment down below!

What am I listening to?



No comments:

Post a Comment