Monday, November 2, 2015

Breakfast of Champions

     I will be the first to admit that breakfast is probably my favorite meal of the day. It really is. I will eat scrambled eggs and oatmeal basically any time of the day, be it breakfast, lunch or dinner. But, I will be the first to admit that I am completely lazy. I mean, sometimes I will spend a lot of time making food because I love to cook, but mornings are not my thing and I would much rather spend that extra 20 minutes in bed rather than spending my time in the kitchen. I also know that if I do not eat breakfast, there is no way that I will function for the rest of the day until I eat something. Soooooo, here are some of my favorite breakfast ideas when you are really short on time and money!

ONE// Banana Ice Cream. I mean, ice cream for breakfast? SIGN ME UP. So while this may seem totally not ok, I promise, it is ok to eat for breakfast. Essentially, it is just bananas. I'm serious. That's it. All you do is freeze some bananas then blend them up in the blender. Super easy and super delicious. I like to add a little vanilla sometimes along with cacao powder if I'm looking to be a little more exciting. I normally top if off with some fresh fruit and granola and it is honestly delicious! This is also a great breakfast that you can make the night before and pop in the freezer so it is ready to go when you wake up! And to be totally honest, I have a Tupperware of chocolate banana ice cream in my freezer right now waiting for me! It makes getting up in the morning easier when you are excited about breakfast!

Frozen Banana "Ice Cream" ~ made with just bananas and peanut butter, but tastes just like soft serve!:
[via]

TWO//  Eggs in a mug. Sounds weird, I know. But you can cook eggs in a mug in the microwave and they are still completely safe to eat (I mean, people eat raw eggs, so this is definitely better!). All you do is crack an egg in your mug, mix it up, add all the yummy things like veggies, cheese and whatever else floats your boat. Then put it in the microwave and cook for about 2 minutes and 30 seconds (depending on your microwave) and then enjoy! 
[via]
THREE// Overnight Oats (or oatmeal in general). I will be the first to admit that oatmeal is fairly new to me. I can say that I did not like oatmeal until the beginning of this year. I know, totally strange. I don't really know why I didn't like it seeing how much I eat it now. It is normally my go-to breakfast because it is super easy and really filling. I will normally opt to just make it hot in the morning. I like to add brown sugar and cinnamon to mine and top with bananas if I have them on hand. I recently discovered overnight oats. A lot of people call it "summer oatmeal" because you eat it cold. Basically you put your oats, yogurt and come milk in an individual jar, most people opt for mason jars, then leave it in the fridge overnight. The next morning it is ready for you to eat! 
[via]
FOUR// Avocado Toast. I have to say that I absolutely adore avocados. I really do. There is just something about it that I just adore. Plus, it has some super healthy fats that keep you really energized all day long. One of my favorite things to do with avocado is to smash it up and put it on toast. Its super easy and delicious. I top it with a little salt and pepper. Sometimes I will chop up some extra veggies like tomatoes or spinach to put on top. If I am feeling super fancy, I'll cook and egg, but most of the time I just eat it plain! 
[via]
FIVE// Smoothies or a smoothie bowl. This are pretty basic and really easy. Just grab some frozen fruit, some water, maybe a few veggies and blend it all together. Smoothies are really easy. Plus if you are in a rush you can take them to class with you. I have really started to take a liking to smoothie bowls. I think I like them because they feel more filling to me. Basically the difference is that they are thicker than smoothies. I will normally add a little less water or liquid to it. Then you pour it into a bowl and add your favorite toppings like granola, chia seeds and fresh fruit. 
[via]

So those are some of my favorite breakfasts to enjoy in the morning! I hope you give some a try and learn to love breakfast the same way I do! 
Also a little update on my knee. Unfortunately the doctor thinks that I have torn my ACL. We aren't positive about the diagnosis yet, but I have a MRI scheduled later in the month that will tell us for sure! As for now, I am just wearing a brace when I walk and going to physical therapy 4 days a week!

Love,
Susanna

Questions? Comments? Just wanna say hey?
Email me HERE
Tweet tweet @shigosusanna
Instagram @shigosusanna
or leave a comment down below! 

What am I listening to?




No comments:

Post a Comment