Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Favorites!

     So normally this post happens on a Friday, but as I have been neglecting this blog (I'm so sorry!) I decided that I would post something a little more fun! Its fall here, which is undoubtedly my favorite time of the year. I know, everyone says that, but it is so true, especially here in Vermont. Vermont is definitely one of the prettiest places to witness fall foliage. Just a few minutes ago, people walked up to the tree in front of our house (we named her Claudia) and started picking up leaves and taking pictures with her. I guess she is kind of a celebrity. Ohhhh those leaf peepers! So you may be asking, what else is happening with your life Suze? Well, not too much. fun fact, I am actually on crutches. I know, it stinks. On Sunday in our rugby game I dislocated my patella. It was so painful I literally thought I was going to vomit. But all is good now. Hobbling along. So far they just think my knee is "very angry" at me. Hopefully that is all that has really happened but they will know more once the swelling goes down a bit.
     Anywhoooo, let's get into these favorite, shall we?

ONE// Rugby. I feel like this is always in my favorites. Even though I just screwed up my knee, I am still super excited for the rest of the season. Currently, we are undefeated which is amazing!!! We are playing Roger Williams this weekend at home. We are not entirely sure what to expect, but I know that it will be a great game! I'm excited to see all the skill and talent from a safe position on the sideline.
rugby love just a day before I ended up on crutches. 


TWO// "Race to Nowhere". It is no secret that I love a good documentary. I am not really sure why I enjoy them so much, I just do. I stumbled upon this one a little while ago and for lack of better words "OMG, this is fantastic". This documentary looks at our education system today and how children are pressured to achieve. It is beautifully done and it makes you really think about our education system in the United States.


THREE// The Odyssey. Procrastination is my middle name. If I have to do homework on a computer I will probably get sucked into something other than homework. Lately, I have really loved reading the Odyssey. Its great because they are short posts with a lot of pictures so I can click through multiple articles instead of reading just one lengthy one! One of my friends writes for the Odyssey and I highly suggest you check them out HERE!

FOUR// Makuta. One of my best friends, Kelsey, has this super cool job where she works with this awesome band. Sounds cool right? Well what is even cooler is that their music is awesome! They also seem like super amazing people as well! I've been super into their music lately, and I know that you will enjoy it too! I highly encourage you to check out their music and social media sites!
Soundcloud HERE
Twitter HERE
Facebook HERE
Youtube HERE 
Website HERE

FIVE// Mindless Eating. So normally books for class tend to be super boring. Well, not this one. I got assigned to read Mindless Eating by Brian Wansink for my Research Methods class and I absolutely love it. The book basically explains the reasons why we tend to eat too much. It chronicles his research and all the experiments he has done about the topic. It is a really good book and easy read!

SIX// Mango Island Mamma YouTube. I am not a vegan. I'm not even a vegetarian, but for some reason I absolutely love watching YouTube videos of vegans. I find it so interesting that they can sustain a lifestyle of just eating plant-based foods. I found this channel a little while ago of this family that lives in Hawaii. They are literally the cutest family ever and all of their food looks absolutely delicious! Check them out HERE.
come on. look at that face. he is so adorable!!

     Well, that's all folks! I hope you enjoyed this quick little read! Hopefully fall doesn't fly by too fast! I'm not sure if I am really prepared for winter just yet! What are some of your favorite things of the month? Leave me a comment down below! 
Love,
Susanna

Questions? Comments? Just wanna say hey?
Email me HERE
Tweet tweet @shigosusanna
Instagram @shigosusanna
or leave a comment down below! 

What am I listening to?



No comments:

Post a Comment