Tuesday, April 28, 2015

An Open Letter...

     An open letter to anyone and everyone that was able to take this journey from a thought to a reality. 

     Dear you,
Thank you. I guess starting a letter fairly bluntly would make sense seeing as you probably weren't expecting a letter in the first place. So, rather instead of stringing you along on a ramble for a little while then dropping the ball part way through I figured I would just start off plain and simple. But again, thank you. I guess I should be able to say thank you in 1000 different languages now because you know, study abroad and stuff, but knowing my track record with languages that probably isn't the best idea. Therefore, I will leave it up to professionals, native speakers and Google translate.
    Thank you for allowing my dreams, hopes and wishes to become a reality. Studying abroad was something that I was thinking about for years but I was always unsure if I would be able to accomplish it. But without your support and desire to see my dreams come into fruition I would not be sitting in west London a 5 minute walk from one of the most famous parks in the world and with such easy access to a quick plane ride that would whisk me away to other countries for a new adventure.
     Thanks for believing in me. Thank you for believing that I had the strength to live in a world that is so often crippled by fear. Thanks for believing that I could survive on my own-in a new place, with new people, with new things to experience. Thank you for allowing me to see how people other than me go about their day to day business. Thanks for believing that I had the power to live for 4 months out of 2 suitcases and a limited idea of what I was actually getting myself into.
    Thank you for believing that I could succeed in the classroom while the world outside the lecture hall danced around me. Thank you for having confidence that my head, although sometimes questionable, is screwed on tightly and that I have the ability to distinguish right from wrong.
          Thank you for your emails, tweets, Facebook posts and comments, they all mean more to me than you will ever imagine. Knowing that even though you are across the world, your family and friends will always be there is more comforting than a fuzzy blanket and cup of tea could ever be.
     Thank you for allowing me to go on this journey, for adventure is the biggest gift anyone can ever give. Thank you for forgiving mistakes that I have probably made along the way, as you realize making mistakes is part of life. Everyone makes mistakes, and its ok. Thank you for believing that I could stick it out. At times, home was the only place that I wanted to be. I needed the support of consistency and comfort, or at least I thought I did. So thank you for teaching me that wanting and needing are two different things. I wanted home, but did not need it as a crutch to prop me up in hard times.
    So, in the simplest form, thank you. Thank you for giving me the world.
Thank you for the opportunity of a lifetime. 
Love,
Susanna

Questions? Comments? Just wanna say hey?
Email me HERE
Tweet tweet @shigosusanna
Instagram @shigosusanna
follow a SMC student on Instagram! @knightlife
or leave a comment down below!

What am I listening to?

No comments:

Post a Comment