Monday, October 13, 2014

Do What you Feel

     I haven't written a blog post in a while. I apologize for that. We are currently in the middle of the semester and man am I feeling the stress. It seems like every day I either have a project, paper or exam. Stressful, I know. Also, I apologize for being off of my Monday Motivation routine. I find myself sitting down to write Monday Motivations but when I do, I have no motivation. That period of time normally ends up becoming a nap. When I want to write a post I just can't seem to find that ah-ha moment.
     I am such a sucker for self-help articles and talk shows. Why? I have no idea, I just really like them. Dr. Phil and Oprah are classics for me and two of my go-to shows if need be. An ah-ha moment is important now and then. They aren't things that we can go chasing or things that you can plan for. They just kind of happen...naturally. Sometimes you just need a little kick in the tush to spark those moments, especially when the lovely voices of Dr. Phil and Oprah aren't giving you what you need.

        BREATHE//This is important, and sometimes I find myself forgetting to do this very important thing. When you find yourself seeking for ah-ha moments, it is important to relax and breathe. Relaxing and noticing your surroundings can help to encourage creativity, spark imagination and relieve stress. When things are quiet and you are in tune with yourself, you will be able to accomplish things you didn't know were possible.

       LISTEN TO YOUR FRIENDS//I'll admit it, sometimes I am an awful listener. Like, really awful. I just get way too into my head and nothing can take me away from that. When I do need advice, my friends are the ones that I always go to. It is always great to get new eyes on a situation. They are able to give you fresh new takes on certain standpoints.

       IT HAPPENS FOR A REASON//I don't think that coincidences are a thing. They are the earth trying to tell us something or tie up loose strings. When something happens that seems like a coincidence, don't just take it as one. Acknowledge it. Start to pay attention, some beautiful moments could happen.

       INNER VOICE//I am a firm believer in the voice inside your own head. This voice tends to be the loudest when I am just trying to fall asleep at night. Figure out that time for you and just listen to it. You will receive the push you need to start you in the right direction.

When you finally find your ah-ha moment you will be as happy as Q is in this picture!
(Photo by S.Shigo)


I promise you it is not easy, but once you figure it all out, it will be worth it. So go on, find that ah-ha moment!

Love,
Susanna

Questions? Comments? Just wanna say hey?
Email me! HERE
Tweet tweet @shigosusanna
Instagram: @shigosusanna
or leave a comment down below!

What am I listening to? (Two of my favorites: Beyonce and John Mayer. Basically perfection.)

No comments:

Post a Comment