Friday, October 24, 2014

Class Clip: Photo Journalism

       I have mentioned in a previous post that I adore my Photo Journalism class. This class is by far one of my favorite classes this semester. As an MJD major, I am required to take it, but honestly I would have loved to take it even if I was not in this major. This class meets Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9:45-10:50 with Professor Swope. First off, I love Professor Swope. Photo Journalism is what he is truly passionate about and it shows through this class. He really knows what he is talking about and he is super personable at the same time. He is by far one of my favorite Professors in the MJD department (but I love all of them so....yeah.).
I took this picture one weekend when I was just fooling around with the camera.
     At first I thought that this class was going to be easy. I mean, how hard is it to take a picture. FALSE. This class is actually pretty difficult. It teaches you a lot not only in the technical aspects of photo journalism but also more personal aspects. It teaches you a lot about yourself and your comfort zones along with your ability to manage your time. The great thing about the class is that they give you an amazing camera to use throughout the semester to complete your assignments.
     Each week we have an assignment due (except for larger assignments that require more time). Our first assignment was probably the hardest assignment for me. It is the infamous Breaking the Ice assignment where essentially you walk up to random strangers and ask them if you can take their picture. How hard can it be right? Holy goodness, it was terrifying. I always thought that I was ok in situations where I had to talk to strangers but boy was I wrong. I was terrified the entire way through this assignment. I finished it though which was such a relief. Even though it was really hard, I was pleased with the outcome and it felt really good to know that I had accomplished it.
     Each week the assignments differ. They have been anything from a perspective assignment to action sports to honest emotion. I have enjoyed every single assignment that I have done so far. Most of the time is doesn't even feel like work because I like it so much. Here are some of the pictures that I was able to take this semester!
I took this picture for my Sports Action picture assignment. This was at the Women's Soccer game against SNHU.

I took this picture for my Sports Action picture assignment. This was at the Women's Soccer game against SNHU.
     Currently for this class we are starting to get into Multimedia. Our current assignment is to cover an event and take sound and audio clips to create a picture slide show. I am really excited about this assignment because I love using the programs that are necessary to complete this. I am really looking forward towards the rest of the semester in this class!

Love,
Susanna

PS! I almost forgot! Yesterday I was officially accepted to study abroad in London, England for Spring semester! I am extremely excited and I will definitely be posting more about it soon!

PPS! There is also the first KnightChat of the semester on Tuesday October 28th! Be sure to check it out HERE

Questions? Comments? Just wanna say hey?
Email Me HERE
Tweet tweet @shigosusanna
Instagram @shigosusanna
or leave a comment down below!

What am I listening to?






No comments:

Post a Comment