Sunday, February 23, 2014

Smugg Life

     Here at Saint Mike's you get the awesome opportunity to live the thug Smugg life. I'm talking about our amazing ski and snowboard opportunities here at SMC! I have been on the mountain since a very young age, but sort of got out of touch with mountain life during high school. As of now, I am so grateful that I learned how to ski at such a young age because going to Smuggler's Notch is one of my favorite winter weekend activities here at SMC. 
     At SMC, we have an amazing deal on a full adult season pass to Smuggs. A normal adult season pass for Smuggler's Notch is around $530. As a student of Saint Mike's you get the exact same pass for only $65. That is less than a normal day ticket! How crazy! It is an amazing deal and I recommend that any student take advantage of it. 
     This past weekend I went up to Smuggs with some friends and it was a great time. There were no lines at the lifts and it was a beautiful sunny day. The temperatures were high and the trails were great. We mainly stayed at the Madonna and Madonna 2 lifts all day, but towards the end we ventured over towards Sterling, which I had never been on before. We ventured over there not only to see the gorgeous views, but my Aunt Paige was running a competition over towards that side of the mountain. It was so cool to see a slopestyle competition and it was great to see my cousins!
Sterling lift is to the right. (photo taken from www.smuggs.com)

Photo by Jennifer Langille Photography. Check out her AMAZING photos HERE.
This is a photo of  the whole group at the competition. It was so cool to watch these kids ride for a little while. They are all amazing at what they can do on skis and a snowboard!
Check out the Northern Vermont Series of USASA HERE

     Overall, yesterday was fantastic. I was so tired by the end of the day that I fell asleep at 9 o'clock and didn't wake up until 9:30 this morning! But it was all worth it!
     If you come here as a student, I totally suggest taking advantage of the pass to Smuggler's Notch that we have available, even if you don't know how to ski or snowboard. Now is the perfect time to learn! 
Chairlift pictures are my favorite especially on beautiful days. 

As you can see, the view is beautiful from basically anywhere at Smuggs! 

Questions? Comments? Just wanna say hello?

Email Me HERE
Tweet Tweet @shigosusanna
Leave a Comment Down Below!

What am I listening to?




No comments:

Post a Comment