Monday, December 1, 2014

Thankful

     So it has been a little while since I have posted on this lovely thing of a blog. This past week was Thanksgiving, so I was a little too busy stuffing my face and enjoying the company of my family and friends to write. So, here I am now, back at school on a typical Monday. In class this morning we were given an article about these two old men who owned and worked on a farm. Even though they worked hard, they were so thankful to have each other and the farm. This got me thinking of the things that I am thankful for in my life. Over the past few years I have been blessed with many amazing experiences, so this is just my way of saying thanks.

St. Mike's// It seems only fitting to start with one of my favorite places in the entire world and a place that I have had so many amazing opportunities. When I am giving tours, I constantly get asked the question, "why did you choose SMC?" I answer the way that I normally do and then proceed on with the tour. But I am honestly so thankful that I ended up here at SMC. I think that if I were at a different school right now, I would not be as happy as I am.The opportunities that SMC has given me are something that I will cherish and remember forever.
gosh, freshman year seems like so long ago.

my clique. 
Blogging & Tour Guiding// Two of the opportunities that I have been given through SMC and two of my favorite things in the world. I am eternally thankful for everyone that reads my blog posts every week. Looking at the numbers of how many people read my blog makes me the happiest person in the world. And giving tours is just amazing. First, when you come to give a tour, give Stephanie, the woman at the front desk, a big thank you. She deserves it so much for all the hard work she does. Plus she is literally the nicest human being in the entire world. But also a big thank you to all the kind words after tours. When you say something nice to us, it makes us all so happy and I am sure all the other tour guides can agree!
       (PS- KnighChat tonight! Link HERE)

Summer Camp// If I didn't come to SMC, I don't think that I would have had the guts to pack up my things again and work at a summer camp. But I am honestly so thankful that I did. The people that I have met are honestly some of my best friends and some of my fondest memories come from spending my summers on the lake or in the woods. I have talked about my experiences many times, but I could honestly talk for days about it. I am just so thankful for camp because it has truly made me a better person.
some of my amazing girls. 


the group of people that I had the honor of working with all summer. 


Study Abroad// As you may, or may not know, I was recently accepted to spend spring semester in London (blog post about it coming soon). I am so excited, but also terribly nervous to go. I know that the experience will be something that I will never forget and I am thankful to SMC for giving me this opportunity.

Rugby// Obviously I have to add this one in there. Thanks to this amazing group of girls for being some of my best friends and for helping me find something that I am totally passionate about.

Our slideshow from the season. Check it out!

My favorite team. They are the most amazing group of girls in the entire world. I am so honored to be a part of something this magical. 
15 as 1
Family & Friends// I'm thankful for my family. They have given me so much in life and there are honestly not enough words to say thank you. And to my friends, both old and new, who are able to keep me centered and balanced. Thanks for putting up with me because sometimes I am be quite a handful.
I love my family. 

The twin.

my best friends at home always seem to balance out my weirdness. 

Figgles loves me. 


What are you thankful for?

Love,
Susanna

Questions? Comments? Just wanna say hey?
Email me HERE
Tweet tweet @shigosusanna
Instagram @shigosusanna
or leave a comment down below!!

What am I listening to?

No comments:

Post a Comment