Saturday, April 2, 2016

2nd Time Around

     For those of you that don't know, I had my ACL repaired about 3 months ago. During my three month checkup, the doctor noticed a three inch long metal wire that was suspended in my knee. Unfortunately, it needed to come out before any more damage could be done. So, on Thursday I drove the 5 hours home from school in order to get surgery on Friday.
     My surgery was scheduled for 7:30am on Friday morning, meaning I had to be at the surgery center at 6:30am. I was told that it would be a quick surgery, only lasting about 45 minutes. Unfortunately, the piece of metal wire had broken in half within my knee. One piece of stuck in bone and the other was lodged in the back of my knee turning a quick surgery into a 6 hour long marathon to extract the wire. I honestly don't remember anything about yesterday as I was really drowsy from medications that I was given.
     Th pain is manageable. I am walking around without crutches (thank goodness, I hate crutches). My knee is extremely swollen and the bruising is starting to come in. I have 4 incisions, 2 small ones and two large ones on either side with a total of close to 20 stitches. Right now, I'm trying to take it easy. The stitches come out in 2 weeks and I should be right back to where I was in my recovery.
     While getting all these surgeries stinks, it has taught me to be strong and if I push through, I can accomplish anything. Right now I'm just focusing on getting better than I was before my first surgery to hopefully get back out on that rugby pitch one day. I wouldn't consider this a bad thing, I just see it was a learning experience. If I can get through this, I'm sure I can get through anything. (Plus, I kind of like the scars, it makes me look a lot tougher than i actually am haha).

Love,
Susanna

Questions? Comments? Just wanna say hey?
Email me HERE
Tweet tweet @shigosusanna 
Instagram @shigosusanna or @knightlifeVT
Snapchat @smcknights

What am I listening to?

No comments:

Post a Comment